POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Problems with the sum() and prod(). (Bug in v3.5 ?) : Re: Problems with the sum() and prod(). (Bug in v3.5 ?) Server Time
5 Aug 2024 06:11:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems with the sum() and prod(). (Bug in v3.5 ?)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 12 Jan 2003 01:10:02
Message: <web.3e210603b49a0ea9b417814a0@news.povray.org>
Jaap Frank wrote:
>"Jellby" <jel### [at] M-yahoocom> wrote in message

>> Hmm... I think there's some misunderstanding, what I'd like to see is how
>> you did write the hydrogen wave functions in POV language (as macros or
>> functions), and simple ascii text would the best format for that ;)
>>

>I've posted the scene-files in p.b.s-f  together with a example under
>Quantum Waves in Media..
>
>I thought you were revering to the wave function itself.
>You can find this at the top of the file, so you can see what
>wave function I use.
>The first part is the translation of this 'nice' function into
>POV-language. In version 4_1 you can trace that I originally used
>the sum() and prod() but because this was not working I've changed
>that to self made functions.
>The complicated part is the translation of the partial derivatives into
>sum() and prod(). If you want clarification about that, then ask me.
>In the macro Binom() I've kept sum(), because here it is correct.

I like this ! Thank you for sharing Jaap.

It is interesting to see what "other"
things can be done with POV-Ray.

I have several times wondered if it
would be much work to model such
electron probability "clouds" for atoms.

And now I see that it's a LOT of work.

Btw: Are you aware of the built-in f_r()
function in functions.inc ?

You could replace your sqrt(x*x+y*y+z*z)
expressions with f_r(x, y, z)

I have also found that f_th() and f_ph()
are two other useful functions from this
include file.

Maybe you could use f_th(y, 0, z) and
f_th(z, 0, y) instead of your
CosInverse() and SinInverse() functions